Frage beantwortet

Is it possible to get my hotel refunded because of a delay?

I have a question about a possible refund of a hotel night, because of train delays.

My journey began in Amsterdam on August 6 2019, and I was supposed to take the night train from Düsseldorf to Basel, in order to arrive on the 7th in Bern, Switzerland.

Unfortunately, in Arnhem, the ABELLIO train was not working because of rail works. I called the NS contact center and they advised me to take the another train schedule. Like that, I would still be able to take the night train in Düsseldorf at 23:27, even though the schedule wouldn’t leave space for delays.

Everything went well until I arrived in Viersen, where the train to Duisburg didn’t come at 22:31, but at 22:45. So I arrived too late in Duisburg to take the next connection to arrive timely in Düsseldorf. Therefore I missed the night train to Basel at 23:27.

I’ve asked the ticket inspector present on the train about my options, but he told me he was not on his shift and couldn’t help me. Because of the warning for more delays on the travel planner of the DB website, I decided to just stay in Duisburg. I slept a night there in a hotel next to the station and the next morning, I took a train at 7:07 in order to arrive in Bern at 13:56, with some transfers in between.

Because I arrived in Bern at 13:56 instead of 07:24, which was the very first plan of the journey, I would like to ask if it is possible for you to refund the hotel night.
I saw on the website that normally, I should have gone to the DB office and fill in the Passenger Rights Claim Form. However, because it was so late, there were no offices open. The next morning, I didn’t have enough time to go, because I had to switch trains and do what I could to arrive timely for my work in Bern.

What should I do now? I am looking for an email address to write to, but I only find the Passenger Rights Claim Form. Should I just call? I still have all the receipts and train schedules.

Thank you!

Diese Antwort wurde als beste Antwort ausgewählt
kabo
kabo

kabo

Ebene
5000 / 5000
You had one single ticket die the whole journey (Amsterdam-Bern)?
Did you buy thus ticket at DB?

Fanden Sie diese Antwort hilfreich?

Nein (1)

Ja (0)

0%

0% der Personen fanden diese Antwort hilfreich

Weitere Antworten

kabo
kabo

kabo

Ebene
5000 / 5000
You had one single ticket die the whole journey (Amsterdam-Bern)?
Did you buy thus ticket at DB?

kabo
kabo

kabo

Ebene
5000 / 5000
If the ticket was issued by DB you have to use the passenger rights Claim Form.
You have to send it via postal service to the given address. There is no way to submit it by email.
DB will refund the hotel in Düsseldorf