Frage beantwortet

Sparpreis and 3 minutes to get the connection?

Good evening,

I would like to book a Sparpreis Europa ticket from Dresden to Graz on January, 21, leaving from Dresden at 07:08. I saw that in Vienna and particularly in Breclav there is a quite little time to get the connection (3minutes in Breclav). Additionally. I have noticed that for Breclav the platforms where trains arrive and leave from are never given. Having only 3 minutes to get the connection, if the train from Prague is slightly delayed it is likely that I will miss the one in Breclav. Do the trains usually wait if there are delays? Are the platforms communicated on board to the passengers (English or German)? If I miss one of the connections because of delays can I use the following train even if my ticket is a Sparpreis one and could in principle not be used on trains different than the one for which the ticket was booked?
Thank you in advance
Luca

Hornemanni
Hornemanni

Hornemanni

Ebene
12 / 100
Diese Antwort wurde als beste Antwort ausgewählt

Hello Hornemanni (Luca),
well, I can't promise the trains will be waiting for a delayed one. This depends on the general situation in the railway-system in that area. If the delay is too big, the following train might not wait and you'd have to take the next one.
I suppose the platforms are announced on the trains by the staff, this is the rule. In ECs, the staff is not always DB-personnel. Maybe the platforms for the EC 277 from Praha to Breclav are in our system in a few days, please have a look from time to time. If you miss one of the trains in your connection and it's our fault, you may take another train to your destination. /da

Fanden Sie diese Antwort hilfreich?

Nein (0)

Ja (1)

100%

100% der Personen fanden diese Antwort hilfreich

Weitere Antworten

Hello Hornemanni (Luca),
well, I can't promise the trains will be waiting for a delayed one. This depends on the general situation in the railway-system in that area. If the delay is too big, the following train might not wait and you'd have to take the next one.
I suppose the platforms are announced on the trains by the staff, this is the rule. In ECs, the staff is not always DB-personnel. Maybe the platforms for the EC 277 from Praha to Breclav are in our system in a few days, please have a look from time to time. If you miss one of the trains in your connection and it's our fault, you may take another train to your destination. /da

Hornemanni
Hornemanni

Hornemanni

Ebene
12 / 100
Many thanks for answering so quickly and for the useful information. Best regards, Luca