Frage beantwortet

Fraud bookings on credit card

I have few fraud transactions from DB BAHN on my credit card. This credit card is not listed on my DB BAHN profile.

All the transactions have the format DB BAHN A-NR ****** INTERNET D

How can I cancel these tickets? Can I send the details to any email ID? I don't speak German so it is difficult to reach someone on the DB contact number as the IVR is in German and I am not able to select the correct option. An email is a good option as the record is then available to me as well in case I need to further file a police complaint for claims process.

I searched the internet and found out there was a similar fraud done last year May-2019.

Diese Antwort wurde als beste Antwort ausgewählt
Neptun
Neptun

Neptun

Ebene
5000 / 5000
If you did not authorize the transactions, the first contact to make should be your bank respectively credit card company. They will let DB know, and claim back the money which should then be returned to your account.
The next thing should be to get a police statement. Usually the banks/credit card companies ask for that anyway.
(Maybe you already went through all this.)
Finally, you may write to DB as well to let them know. But actually it should not be your problem whether the tickets are cancelled or not. If somebody got hold of all your credit card data, for DB it will look like a regular authorized transaction, and they might not even take action just because you write an email.

Fanden Sie diese Antwort hilfreich?

Nein (0)

Ja (1)

100%

100% der Personen fanden diese Antwort hilfreich

Weitere Antworten

Neptun
Neptun

Neptun

Ebene
5000 / 5000
If you did not authorize the transactions, the first contact to make should be your bank respectively credit card company. They will let DB know, and claim back the money which should then be returned to your account.
The next thing should be to get a police statement. Usually the banks/credit card companies ask for that anyway.
(Maybe you already went through all this.)
Finally, you may write to DB as well to let them know. But actually it should not be your problem whether the tickets are cancelled or not. If somebody got hold of all your credit card data, for DB it will look like a regular authorized transaction, and they might not even take action just because you write an email.

Hello NDB,

the information from Neptun is correct. Please contact your financial institution immediately to discuss further security measures.

If you have a customer account on bahn.de, I can only recommend that you change the password in your customer account. /ka

Thank you Neptune and DB BAHN team.

As a first step I hot-listed the credit card. I have initiated the transaction dispute with the credit card company. I will initiate the police complaint in case the credit card company asks for it (or do I need to do it anyway as a standard process?).
I am just surprised that the fraudsters got hold of the information for a credit card that I don't use in Germany (except Uber) and then they chose to buy train tickets with it.

Thank you for the guidance Neptune, your comments were very helpful.