Frage beantwortet

What to do if Earlier connection not available anymore

I booked Super Sparpreis EU single ticket from DB website for journey from Leiden Centraal (Netherland) to Lucerns (Switzerland) ( Super Sparpreis was a first mistake as it is first time we are travelling to Europe )
Following was the original schedule
26th April 2020 :Time: 6.14 am Leiden Centraal (IC 1421) > Rotterdam Centraal (IC 1123) > Eindhoven Centraal (IC 13521) > Venlo (ERB20073) > Düsseldorf Hbf (EC9 – Panorama) > Basel SBB (IR 2331)> Luzern 17:05
As per latest schedule on DB navigator, EC9 will start only from Köln and not Düsseldorf Hbf. I cannot catch EC9 at 10.53 am at Köln Hbf with earlier connections. I have following questions
A) Can I take following earlier connection to reach Köln Hbf?
06:14 Leiden Centraal (IC 1421) > Rotterdam Centraal (THA 9910)>Bruxelles Midi (ICE 13)> Köln Hbf
Or
b) can I take complete new connection?
06:46 Leiden Centraal (IC 1426) > Amsterdam Centraal (ICE 105) > Basel SBB (IC 679) > Luzern 16:05
Or
C) Can I take one-day earlier connection and book a hotel?
13:52 Leiden Centraal (IC 8851) > Utrecht Centraal (ICE 127)> Duisburg Hbf (ICE 1224)> Köln Hbf
D) Do I need to buy ticket right now for any above 3 options? How DB will refund it as I will be in Switerland and not in Germany?
Regards
Sachin

Sachinlone
Sachinlone

Sachinlone

Ebene
1 / 100
Punkt
Diese Antwort wurde als beste Antwort ausgewählt

The good news is, due to the changes in your schedule you are not bound to EC9 anymore and can choose from any connection taking you directly to your destination. Unfortunately you have to cross the border at the station on your ticket (Venlo). That basically excludes all your options. You have to find a different connection via Venlo.
However you can try to go to Amsterdam and ask the staff of the ICE international if they accept your ticket anyway. From my experience the Dutch conductors are more lenient with this than the German ones.

As per your questions:
A) No, you cannot go via Brussels.
B) You have to cross the border at the station mentioned on your ticket. For you that is Venlo. The ICE international crosses the border at Emmerich, so unfortunately you can't switch to this route.
C) No, you cannot go a day early.
D) You don't have to buy a new ticket, just use the old one.

Fanden Sie diese Antwort hilfreich?

Nein (0)

Ja (1)

100%

100% der Personen fanden diese Antwort hilfreich

Weitere Antworten

The good news is, due to the changes in your schedule you are not bound to EC9 anymore and can choose from any connection taking you directly to your destination. Unfortunately you have to cross the border at the station on your ticket (Venlo). That basically excludes all your options. You have to find a different connection via Venlo.
However you can try to go to Amsterdam and ask the staff of the ICE international if they accept your ticket anyway. From my experience the Dutch conductors are more lenient with this than the German ones.

As per your questions:
A) No, you cannot go via Brussels.
B) You have to cross the border at the station mentioned on your ticket. For you that is Venlo. The ICE international crosses the border at Emmerich, so unfortunately you can't switch to this route.
C) No, you cannot go a day early.
D) You don't have to buy a new ticket, just use the old one.