Frage beantwortet

Bicycle ticket international very difficult?

I want to book a ticket from Hengelo to Westerland (Sylt) with ERB RB61 and IC 2310 for my family 2 adults 2 children <5yrs and our bicycles. I would like to book with Super Sparpreis Europa, but only if I am sure I the IC2310 has enough places for bicycles left. This appears not to be possible online? Firstly by booking it says that children's bikes are not bookable yet. Ok then I book just for the adults and make their seat and bicycle reservation later. But also for adults booking a bicycle ticket on this journey is not possible, probably because it is international and half EuroBahn, half DeutscheBahn. I have been in waiting mode for more than 1 hour on the Dutch (no connection possible), English (45minutes in waiting mode without indication of waiting time) and German (connected forward to English and then disconnected) hotlines of DB, without succes of speaking to someone. How to buy an interational bicycle ticket for this journey and make sure the IC2310 has enough spaces left??????

JooStof
JooStof

JooStof

Ebene
31 / 100
kabo
kabo

kabo

Ebene
5000 / 5000
International bicycle tickets are only available at sales counters.
It is not possible to book online.

(Even national bicycle tickets in Germany cannot be booked online, if adults travel together with children <6 years.)

Fanden Sie diese Antwort hilfreich?

Nein (0)

Ja (0)

0% der Personen fanden diese Antwort hilfreich

Weitere Antworten

kabo
kabo

kabo

Ebene
5000 / 5000
International bicycle tickets are only available at sales counters.
It is not possible to book online.

(Even national bicycle tickets in Germany cannot be booked online, if adults travel together with children <6 years.)

Leo
Leo

Leo

Ebene
5000 / 5000
JooStof

JooStof

Ebene
31 / 100
Hmm... Ok, so from abroad (Holland) I need to go to a counter in Germany to book this bicycle tickets or pay the €19 booking costs for the DB agency in Holland? It is not possible to book by telephone (preferbly in English or Dutch) if it is not possible online?

JooStof
JooStof

JooStof

Ebene
31 / 100
Ok, thank you. So at every counter of NS they can check the current availability of bicycles on a specific german IC, like IC2310 on July 3rd? And then I can book it there including spaces for children's bicycles? Or just special NS international counters? And not mention them in this pdf here, were you just mention Treinreiswinkel and Arriva? https://www.bahn.com/nl/view/mdb/bahnintern/international...

It should already be a counter that can sell international tickets. And yes, colleagues can also reserve a parking space reservation if there are still spaces available. It does not have to be booked through the DB just because they are DB trains. /no

Leo
Leo

Leo

Ebene
5000 / 5000
https://www.nsinternational.nl/nl/waar-treintickets-kopen...

"Toeslagen

Het is ook mogelijk om internationale tickets aan de balie te kopen. Bij een balie Binnenland is een beperkt aantal internationale bestemmingen verkrijgbaar. De toeslag voor deze bestemmingen is € 1 per persoon met een maximum van € 3 per boeking. Deze toeslag geldt ook wanneer u een ticket (zonder reservering) voor dezelfde bestemmingen koopt bij de internationale balies of het NS International Service Center.

Voor internationale bestemmingen met reservering en voor alle overige internationale bestemmingen die verkrijgbaar zijn bij de internationale balies en het NS International Service Center, betaalt u € 7,50 per persoon met een maximum van € 22,50 per boeking. Deze toeslagen gelden niet voor rolstoelgebruikers, reizigers ouder dan 75 jaar of reizigers met een visuele beperking.

U kunt internationale tickets ook eenvoudig online boeken of gebruikmaken van de Self Service meubels in de OV Service & Tickets winkel op de grote stations. Deze boekingen zijn toeslagvrij."

Misschien is een korte reis naar Gronau of Bad Bentheim toch iets goedkoper... (Maar bij DB-Agenturen moet je soms ook een toeslag betalen...)

JooStof
JooStof

JooStof

Ebene
31 / 100
OK, thanks all. So it is not possible to book (international bicycle tickets with children) without €19-22.5 booking costs if you are not in Germany(right?) I am just used to book everything myself, online, free of booking costs. I think I even booked something before from DB by telephone paying with creditcard. This way it feels very old fashioned.