Frage beantwortet

How can i upgrade my bahncard for second class to first class?

How do i upgrade my bahncard from second class bahncard to first class bahncard?

Wey
Wey

Wey

Ebene
13 / 100
maverick1411
maverick1411

maverick1411

Ebene
5000 / 5000
Hi Wey,

The best and easiest way is about DB-Reisezentrum (travel centre DB). Take your current Bahncard to the travel centre and tell the staff "explicit" that you want to upgrade (e.g. BC25, 2. class to BC25, 1. class).

Your current BC will cancel automatically and you will sign and pay a new contract about your upgraded BC. You will also get a temporary BC (valid 2 month) in the meanwhile till you get your new plastic BC. Otherwise ask for a temporary BC.

Is the residual value at least 15€ then you get a refund of this amount.

The staff in the travel centre DB will give you more information.
When you collect bonus points with your current BC don't forget to tell this the staff too.

Fanden Sie diese Antwort hilfreich?

Nein (0)

Ja (1)

100%

100% der Personen fanden diese Antwort hilfreich

Weitere Antworten

maverick1411
maverick1411

maverick1411

Ebene
5000 / 5000
Hi Wey,

The best and easiest way is about DB-Reisezentrum (travel centre DB). Take your current Bahncard to the travel centre and tell the staff "explicit" that you want to upgrade (e.g. BC25, 2. class to BC25, 1. class).

Your current BC will cancel automatically and you will sign and pay a new contract about your upgraded BC. You will also get a temporary BC (valid 2 month) in the meanwhile till you get your new plastic BC. Otherwise ask for a temporary BC.

Is the residual value at least 15€ then you get a refund of this amount.

The staff in the travel centre DB will give you more information.
When you collect bonus points with your current BC don't forget to tell this the staff too.

Apart from the option maverick1411 has told, you can order the first class BahnCard online an send the second class BahnCard to the BahnCard-Service with a note about the upgrade. /ki

Wey
Wey

Wey

Ebene
13 / 100
Thank you so much for the valuable advice. However i am currently travelling using a virtual card on my DB app and didnt have time to wait for the physical card to be sent as i bought them last minute. What can i do if i only have the virtual bahncard on my DB card?

maverick1411
maverick1411

maverick1411

Ebene
5000 / 5000
Hey Wey,

You should go to the travel centre and ask the staff there. They can give you the right hints.

But you got (or will get) your current BC as a physically BC (plastic one) too. The return your old BC is required.