Diese Frage wartet auf Beantwortung

Is refund possible?

Hello. I was taking a train with a connection. Due to delay of arrival of the first train, I missed my connection and the next train would only be possible after more than 60 minutes. I had a very important appointment and took a taxi to my city. I dont want the taxi fees refund, but can I atleast get a refund on my ticket?

MoeH
MoeH

MoeH

Ebene
33 / 100
Antworten

Joeopitz
Joeopitz

Joeopitz

Ebene
5000 / 5000
If a part of the trip was cancelled due to a delay, you are entitled to a refund for the unused part of the ticket. The part of the ticket that you travelled by train will not be refunded. The contact therefore is the Service Center Passenger Rights.

MoeH
MoeH

MoeH

Ebene
33 / 100
It was a bayern ticket, how is it possible to get a refund for part of it. I also went to the reise zentrum in my city but they cant speak English, and I saw the form but it is so complicated, even the officer told me to not waste my time because it's so hard!

MoeH
MoeH

MoeH

Ebene
33 / 100
I'm stupid, some people advised me to sell it but I refused since I thought DB would be fair by compensating their customers for delay in their trains. I was a few seconds late sometimes and I missed trains and had to pay for a new ticket. This is unfair.. Thank you anyway

kirroyal
kirroyal

kirroyal

Ebene
5000 / 5000
Unfortunately the answer you got is wrong. You can get a refund on a Bayern Ticket if your journey had a delay of more than 60 minutes. This rule has no exemtion on tickets with reduced fares.

You have to fill the "passenger rights claim form" which you can download here:
https://www.bahn.de/wmedia/view/mdb/media/intern/fahrgast...

Tick the third option "... I cut short the my journey at the station named here". You can hand the completed form to the the staff at the DB Information or DB Reisezentrum or send it by mail to the address stated on the form.

For further Information see
https://www.bahn.com/en/view/booking-information/passenge...

MoeH
MoeH

MoeH

Ebene
33 / 100
Thank you. It is really strange that an admin had already chose the wrong answer as a best one. Anyway the problem I face with that form is that it asks for the delayed train implied that the connection train is the delayed or cancelled one, and doesn't take into consideration that the first train was late so made me wait until I take the same connection but at its next departure. (in an hour)

Long story short, my trip was from let's say A to C through a B connection (A->B->C), my train going from A to B was 10 minutes late to arrive at point B, making me miss my B to C connection, thus having to wait more than 1 hour until the next train goes from B to C. So I had to cut my journey at B and take a taxi to C in order to catch my appointment.

Please guide me if you can.

The answer of "kirroyal" is correct. If there is a delay of 60 minutes or more at the destination station and you cancel your journey, you are also entitled to compensation with the Bayern-Ticket. Tick the third option and enter the delayed train number there. Write a separate note about the entire connection and the reason for the cancellation.

I will delete the confirmation of the answer. /ka