Diese Frage wartet auf Beantwortung

RB U28 (5271) on 21.02.2020

Hello, I'm planning to have a long trip from Flensburg to Decin hl.n. and when looking for connection I get a warning about cancelled train between Bad Schandau and Dolni Zleb. Does it mean that the train is cancelled completely or will there be replacement bus service. Since it's the last train of the day I wouldn't like to get stuck in Bad Schandau with a little child. Unfortunately this is the earliest connection I can take that day.
Thank you,
Best regards
rst1

rst1
rst1

rst1

Ebene
23 / 100
Antworten

bhofen
bhofen

bhofen

Ebene
1785 / 2000
"Since it's the last train of the day I wouldn't like to get stuck in Bad Schandau with a little child."
-> Don't take care about it! If you have booked a ticket for this connection taking home is DB's problem.

"The train is cancelled between Bad Schandau and Dolni Zleb. Please check your itinerary again shortly before departure."
-> That means: It is not 100% sure that the train will be cancelled. There will be a replacement bus or train. When the chips are down the DB will pay the taxi or the hotel. Book the ticket, then you are save.

DB
DB

DB

Ebene
5000 / 5000

Hello,

as it has already been written here, it is an indication of a change in the timetable. If there will be a replacement bus service, please check on bahn.de at short notice. If this timetable change exists, you can withdraw from the journey and the ticket will be refunded. This applies for the day the ticket is valid. /ka

Elementarteilchen
Elementarteilchen

Elementarteilchen

Ebene
5000 / 5000
@bhofen
I find it very dangerous to recommend to book and to say it is safe, especially when traveling with a little child. The problem is: if the train is really cancelled (and right now it seems to be the case) and no replacement train or bus is available (right now there‘s no indication that this will be the case), then you would end up in the middle of the night in a tiny little station (Bad Schandau) without any personnel who can help. You would need to find a hotel on your own, not knowing where to find one or even if there is one with free rooms... all this with a little child.

It looks like Bad Schandau isn‘t that far away from the final destination, so if the train is cancelled the best option would be to take a Taxi, which the DB would have to pay. But again: a tiny station in the „middle of nowhere“, it‘s not sure that there are Taxis waiting here in the first place...

So I would recommend to find a way to travel the next day or try to travel a little bit earlier, so you avoid this last connection with the cancelled train. Or wait a few weeks before booking the tickets, maybe in a few weeks there is information available about alternative train or bus connections for the cancelled train which can be used instead.

rst1
rst1

rst1

Ebene
23 / 100
Thank you all for the responses, @Elementarteilchen you nail exactly my original concerns, I checked quickly and there are not so many options for lodging without pre-booking, and maybe not every taxidriver is willing to drive abroad.
I will check other options, unless there will be some update from DB. I checked also Bauinfos website, but there are no visible planned disruptions for that area listed there. Would be great to know when that particular connection will get confirmed. Late cancellation is not an option due to other arrangements.

bhofen
bhofen

bhofen

Ebene
1785 / 2000
"It looks like Bad Schandau isn‘t that far away from the final destination, so if the train is cancelled the best option would be to take a Taxi, which the DB would have to pay."
-> That's right! Its's cheap, it's easy, no longer walk.
And for this reason it would be very wise to buy the ticket for this connection.

"Or wait a few weeks before booking the tickets, maybe in a few weeks there is information available"
-> Maybe in a few weeks the prices are five times higher (especially on a friday).

"then you would end up in the middle of the night in a tiny little station (Bad Schandau) without any personnel who can help."
-> They don't need personnel who can help. They just need a taxi driver - done with one phone call.
That's hysteric!

Be aware: Should the DB take the train out of the timetable, then you cannot book the connection anymore, you have no passenger rights, you have no free choise of train connection and the DB won't pay the taxi from Bad Schandau to Decin. It's your decision.

Elementarteilchen
Elementarteilchen

Elementarteilchen

Ebene
5000 / 5000
@bhofen
Please remember, you need a taxi driver who is able and allowed to cross the borders. In general this shouldn‘t be an issue in this area, but in the middle of the Night in the middle of nowhere this could be nevertheless a risk. Depending of the border you cross, there are even different laws and rules which taxi drivers have to follow. Without a little child, this is probably a risk to take easily, but with a little child, this is another story, especially in February when it’s freezing....

rst1
rst1

rst1

Ebene
23 / 100
Since the status of the train is not clarified yet, I decided to change my destination.
Thank you all for the answers and I hope I have more luck when planning trips next time :)