Frage beantwortet

Does Ticket inspectors have the right to ask for passport even after showing a valid ticket?

On my way back from Munich to erfort one of the ticket inspectors insisted to check my passport even after I had already done comfort check in and also show him the ticket itself.. Does he has the right to do that and why had he possibly asked for it?

AmrHamdy
AmrHamdy

AmrHamdy

Ebene
22 / 100

An online ticket is personal and is only valid in conjunction with your German identity card or passport valid for entry into Germany, your electronic residence permit or your BahnCard. As the ticket is only valid in conjunction with an identity card, it is possible to be asked to show an identity card at any time during the check. Whether the ticket is shown in the app does not matter. The inspector cannot know who the person showing the mobile phone is. Tickets can be loaded into any mobile phone using the app. A ticket can also be stored and presented on several mobile phones at the same time. Checks are also possible after a Comfort CheckIn and are carried out on a spot check basis. The actions of the conductor are not objectionable. His behaviour was absolutely correct.

Fanden Sie diese Antwort hilfreich?

Nein (0)

Ja (0)

0% der Personen fanden diese Antwort hilfreich

Weitere Antworten

Hustensaft
Hustensaft

Hustensaft

Ebene
5000 / 5000
You bought the ticket online or at the counter/machine?

AmrHamdy
AmrHamdy

AmrHamdy

Ebene
22 / 100
I bought it online

Hustensaft
Hustensaft

Hustensaft

Ebene
5000 / 5000
Then ist ok. Online-Ticktets are personalized and the only way to check the name of the person using the ticket is the ID-Card or the passport. The ticket inspector usually ask for the ID-Card or the passport if the ticket is booked without a BahnCard.

AmrHamdy
AmrHamdy

AmrHamdy

Ebene
22 / 100
Thank you for your quick and kind answer, but I had already booked it through the dB application and I had a BahnCard and I usually book my tickets this way and never was asked to show my passport most of the times they as you mentioned ask for the BahnCard and when I perform comfort check in nobody should ask for my ticket and I had already did that and show him that!!!

An online ticket is personal and is only valid in conjunction with your German identity card or passport valid for entry into Germany, your electronic residence permit or your BahnCard. As the ticket is only valid in conjunction with an identity card, it is possible to be asked to show an identity card at any time during the check. Whether the ticket is shown in the app does not matter. The inspector cannot know who the person showing the mobile phone is. Tickets can be loaded into any mobile phone using the app. A ticket can also be stored and presented on several mobile phones at the same time. Checks are also possible after a Comfort CheckIn and are carried out on a spot check basis. The actions of the conductor are not objectionable. His behaviour was absolutely correct.