Frage beantwortet

Problems with identification

Hi,

I booked a ticket from Saarbrücken to Düsseldorf via the DB app and paid with PayPal. The reason for my trip is to pick up my passport from the Canadian VAC in Düsseldorf. However, after I finished paying for the ticket I received an email stating that for the ticket to be valid I need to have my passport with me! Now I cannot change my ticket and I explained the issue in person to DB Reisezentrum (showing them my student ID and Techniker Krankenkasse Card both with my picture on them) and they said they cannot do anything about it. I think this is an unfair situation as nowhere BEFORE paying for the ticket it was clearly stated that I need to have my passport with me, otherwise I wouldn't have paid. What can I do now?

schadie612
schadie612

schadie612

Ebene
21 / 100
Diese Antwort wurde als beste Antwort ausgewählt
zeka
zeka

zeka

Ebene
5000 / 5000
Maybe you should call a second time and ask politely for a cancellation so you can buy the ticket at a ticket machine.

https://community.bahn.de/questions/1993303-refund-for-a-...

Fanden Sie diese Antwort hilfreich?

Nein (0)

Ja (1)

100%

100% der Personen fanden diese Antwort hilfreich

Weitere Antworten

Braunschweiger
Braunschweiger

Braunschweiger

Ebene
5000 / 5000
Did you book the ticket today? Then call online service and ask for a cancellation.

schadie612
schadie612

schadie612

Ebene
21 / 100
Yes, I did book the ticket today. I called the online service and he basically dismissed me saying he cannot do anything for me.

zeka
zeka

zeka

Ebene
5000 / 5000
Maybe you should call a second time and ask politely for a cancellation so you can buy the ticket at a ticket machine.

https://community.bahn.de/questions/1993303-refund-for-a-...

schadie612
schadie612

schadie612

Ebene
21 / 100
Ok I called them again and this time I told them that they have told me at the Hbf to call the online service and cancel it and this time they did it! Thanks a lot for your help!