Frage beantwortet

Questions about changing trains

Since this is my first time to visit Germany, I have some questions about changing trains from Berlin Hbf to Reutlingen Hbf.

There are total 4 transfers for my trip and there are different operators for different routes. I'm quite confused about changing the train within the same station.

Here are the details of the transfers:
1) From Berlin to Magdeburg Hbf platform 8 (RE 1 (3154)) ;
2) From Magdeburg Hbf platform 9 to Braunschweig Hbf (RB 40 (16448)) ;
3) From Braunschweig Hbf to Hannover Hbf (WFB RE60 (95770)) ;
4) From Hannover Hbf to Stuttgart Hbf (ICE 591) ;
5) From Stuttgart Hbf to Reutlingen Hbf (RE22017).

Questions:
(1) How to transfer train from route (2) to (3)?? Am I changing the train in the same station (Braunschweig Hbf) ? Because no platform numbers are showed on the details and the train operators are different (DB Regio AG Südost and WestfalenBahn)

(2) For all other train transfer, do I change train in the same station but go to different platforms?

(3) Since all these transfers are in midnight or early morning, is it fine and safe to stay on the platform or in any waiting rooms nearby in the station to wait for the next train?

Sorry for so many questions and really hope someone can help. Thanks a lot!!! :)

olivebubu
olivebubu

olivebubu

Ebene
1 / 100
Punkt
Die Antwort wurde von DB Bahn bestätigt
EinVielfahrer
EinVielfahrer

EinVielfahrer

Ebene
5000 / 5000
Don't worry about different operators. This does not affect your trip.

Platforms on the stations are not always stated since they may change or defined on the day of your trip.
You have to change the train on all of your 4 destinations.

Normal it is safe to wait on the platform. But you might find some warm places in the station as well. This is not very complicated. Just have a look around.

Fanden Sie diese Antwort hilfreich?

Nein (0)

Ja (0)

0% der Personen fanden diese Antwort hilfreich

Weitere Antworten

EinVielfahrer
EinVielfahrer

EinVielfahrer

Ebene
5000 / 5000
Don't worry about different operators. This does not affect your trip.

Platforms on the stations are not always stated since they may change or defined on the day of your trip.
You have to change the train on all of your 4 destinations.

Normal it is safe to wait on the platform. But you might find some warm places in the station as well. This is not very complicated. Just have a look around.

Please check your connections. From what you told us, I have doubts they will work. RE1 runs from Berlin to Madgeburg during daytime, but the particular RE1 (3154) leaves Berlin late at night and terminates at Brandenburg Hbf, which is only halfway to Madgeburg.

If you'd like to see station maps of the major interchange stations on your journey, you can find them at https://www.bahnhof.de/bahnhof-en. Search for the station name, then look for the map ("Lageplan").

WesfalenBahn trains on the RE60 line from Braunschweig to Hannover are scheduled to depart from platform 5 throughout the day (subject to changes). You should see this in the journey planner on bahn.de.