Frage beantwortet

Train cancellation - allowed alternatives

Hi, early this year I purchased an online ticket at the DB website for a train ride scheduled for 11.06.2019 from Salzburg to Munich. The train is RJX 260 (which normally goes from Vienna to Munich and stops in Salzburg). Recently I found out that RJX 260 appears to be cancelled on June 11 in Salzburg due to construction work carried out by DB. (I found this by chance, for some reason I did not get any notifications by e-mail or otherwise.)

Here's the wording that I found:

Due to construction work carried out by Deutsche Bahn (DB) from 07/06/2019 to 12/06/2019 ... The trains RJX 60, RJX 61, RJX 63, RJX 64, RJX 66, RJX 67, RJX 68, RJX 260, RJX 261 and RJX 265 will be redirected via Passau. Therefore, these trains cannot stop in Salzburg Hbf. As an alternative, you can also take the next scheduled train.

I looked at the schedule on that day on the DB website and I see a number of "M" (Meridian) trains available for Salzburg -> Munich trip. Can I just use my ticket (that says RJX 260) and use it for a seat with the same class on an "M" train as long as the train takes the same route (Salzburg -> Munich)? Or should I do any additional bookings or take any other steps?

Not sure if it matters:

• The RJX 260 ticket is a return one. I have a Bayern-Ticket for Munich->Salzburg travel for an earlier date.
  • The price of my RJX 260 ticket is Super Sparpreis (19,90 EUR) while the "M" train tickets are sold at Bayern-Ticket price (25,00 EUR).

Thank you!

iem
iem

iem

Ebene
12 / 100

Hello iem,

"for some reason I did not get any notifications by e-mail or otherwise.)"

There will be a notification via email one week in advance.

"Can I just use my ticket (that says RJX 260) and use it for a seat with the same class on an "M" train"

Yes, you can. If you booked a seat reservation you can get back the money at a DB Reisezentrum, e.g. in Munich, as there is no option for a seat reservation in a Meridian train.

Fanden Sie diese Antwort hilfreich?

Nein (0)

Ja (1)

100%

100% der Personen fanden diese Antwort hilfreich

Weitere Antworten

Hello iem,

"for some reason I did not get any notifications by e-mail or otherwise.)"

There will be a notification via email one week in advance.

"Can I just use my ticket (that says RJX 260) and use it for a seat with the same class on an "M" train"

Yes, you can. If you booked a seat reservation you can get back the money at a DB Reisezentrum, e.g. in Munich, as there is no option for a seat reservation in a Meridian train.

iem
iem

iem

Ebene
12 / 100
Thank you, zeka!