Diese Frage wartet auf Beantwortung

Delayed train leading to missing connection

If I book a trip with one connection with switch estimated to be 8 minutes and my first train is delayed can I take the next available same category train to my destination?

Specific example : Koeln Hbf -> Duisburg Hbf -> 8 minutes switch -> Duisburg Hbf -> Arnhem Centraal.

Thank you a lot in advance.

Antworten

Braunschweiger
Braunschweiger

Braunschweiger

Ebene
3196 / 5000
You can take all next connnections. If the delay at the final destination is ging to be greater than 20 minutes, you ma have to buy a ticket for the higher category. It will be paid back after the trip.
If you are ging to arrive late 60 minutes or more, no ticket will be charged and you get back 25% of the ticket price.
If the delay ist more than 120 minutes, you can also take any train and get 50% back

Thank you a lot for the immediate answer.
So, as my switch lasts 8 minutes, if the train is 9 minutes delayed for example, I have no right to take the next one? Am I understanding well?

zeka
zeka

zeka

Ebene
5000 / 5000
Hello dimstav23,

the DB website https://www.bahn.com/en/view/booking-information/passenge... says:

"If the train is expected to arrive at the destination with a delay of at least 20 minutes, you can:

• continue the journey at the next opportunity or at a later time on the same or a different route
  • use a different train for which no reservation is compulsory (you are obliged to pay additionally required tickets/supplements, but you can subsequently claim for a refund of these costs)."

Your destination is Arnhem Centraal. If you miss your connecting train in Duisburg, you will not reach Arnhem in time which means you probably will have a delay of 20 minutes (in Arnhem) and that means you can use the next train.