Frage beantwortet

Booking for 5 people

Hello!

I have to book a ticket for 5 people, international travel, one-way from Germany to France.

1. If I am not travelling with the group, do I simply select in the booking process "book for another person" and state the name of a person who is travelling?

2. I would like to specify the ticket holder's address as the address of our university (this is our study program trip). Will this affect the ability of the person or the group to use the ticket, if the address is not exactly the personal address of the person on the ticket?

3. What happens if the person on the ticket misses the train? Can the other 4 people still use the ticket (if they have copies of the PDF)?

Many thanks!

sjkhan
sjkhan

sjkhan

Ebene
41 / 100
Diese Antwort wurde als beste Antwort ausgewählt
Braunschweiger
Braunschweiger

Braunschweiger

Ebene
1780 / 2000
Hi,
if possible, book your ticket at a Reisezentrum (travel agency). If you book an online-ticket, you would have to state the name of one person that is travelling with the group (so the answer to question 1 is "yes"). Anyway, if this specified person misses the train, the ticket will be invalid for all five persons (question 3).
Tickets from the Reisezentrum do not come with specified addresses, so question 2 won´t be a problem.

Fanden Sie diese Antwort hilfreich?

Nein (0)

Ja (1)

100%

100% der Personen fanden diese Antwort hilfreich

Weitere Antworten

Braunschweiger
Braunschweiger

Braunschweiger

Ebene
1780 / 2000
Hi,
if possible, book your ticket at a Reisezentrum (travel agency). If you book an online-ticket, you would have to state the name of one person that is travelling with the group (so the answer to question 1 is "yes"). Anyway, if this specified person misses the train, the ticket will be invalid for all five persons (question 3).
Tickets from the Reisezentrum do not come with specified addresses, so question 2 won´t be a problem.

sjkhan
sjkhan

sjkhan

Ebene
41 / 100
Thank you for your response!

Unfortunately, I just booked the ticket for 5 people already, before I saw you answered this question. I put in the booking the name of the person travelling, and their address as the university address. Will this address be a problem now? They will take their university ID card with them.

Also, for the Reisezentrum -- does this mean that there are no names on the ticket and therefore any 5 people could use the ticket? (I have another booking to make of 4 people)

sjkhan
sjkhan

sjkhan

Ebene
41 / 100
Also, are the supersaver price for Europe travel the same at the Reisezentrum as they are online? This price is also an issue.

Braunschweiger
Braunschweiger

Braunschweiger

Ebene
1780 / 2000
  • Prices are exactly the same, both sources use the same pool of saver tickets.
  • On the tickets from the Reisezentrum are no names, any 5 persons can use them.

You might want to call the online service immideately and try to convine them to cancel the ticket (tell them there was an error and you booked a wrong one). That might work without the cancellation fee (and work the better the less time has passed since the booking.

sjkhan
sjkhan

sjkhan

Ebene
41 / 100
Ok thank you again!

And the last question is -- if I cannot get a refund/cancellation -- is it possible to change the name of the person on the ticket a day or two before travel -- in the event that the first person cannot attend?

sjkhan
sjkhan

sjkhan

Ebene
41 / 100
Actually, one more question:

some of these people have Bahn25 cards. so if I go to the Reisezentrum, I only have to tell them -- I have 4 people with Bahn25 cards, and purchase the ticket? They will not ask me to show the cards -- only on the train is the card verified?

I apologise for so many questions -- but sometimes it is difficult to explain when sometimes the folks at DB Bahn are not fluent in English.

Braunschweiger
Braunschweiger

Braunschweiger

Ebene
1780 / 2000
It is not possible to change the Name oft the ticket holder.
And the group musst present at least the number oft valid bahncards that are stated in the ticket.