Diese Frage wartet auf Beantwortung

Zug annulliert

Hallo, Mein Deutsch ist so slecht... darf ich in Englisch weitergehen? (Writing from USA.) Kein Problem mir in Deutsch zu antworten, natürlich! Danke!
I have made a reservation in oktober: Frankfurt-Langen am Arlberg (Austria), on February 2nd. The second "leg" of the journey (Stuttgart-Langen, IC 119) appears to be cancelled, for construction works (see site Bauinfos.deutschebahn.com) between Ja,31 and Feb.3.. I just found out today. My ticket was not refundable (Sparpreis). But this is so unfair. The cancellation is completely Deutsche Bahn's fault. What can I do? I need to take a new ticket, and that will be much more expensive than the first one!
Please advise :). Vielen Dank!

Katrin57
Katrin57

Katrin57

Ebene
0 / 100
Antworten

Benutzerin
Benutzerin

Benutzerin

Ebene
5000 / 5000
Sie können Ihre Reise trotz Zugbindung (die ist bei Zugausfall aufgehoben) mit einem anderen Zug fortsetzen oder am Reisetag ab Frankfurt eine andere Verbindung wählen. Die Reservierung können Sie dann einmalig kostenfrei auf die neue Verbindung umbuchen.

Hello Katrin,

you don't need a new ticket. In that case your ticket is valid for any other train like IC, ICE, railjet and regional trains. The reservation can be changed without fee once. You can do that online or in a DB Reisezentrum at a train station. /ti

Neptun
Neptun

Neptun

Ebene
4090 / 5000
I have nothing to add concerning the validity of the ticket, but had a look at your alternatives. You should be aware of the following: Without adding intermediate stops the system will list different routes.
Some are through Zürich/Switzerland, but your ticket will not be honoured by the Swiss railways, so do not use these.
Some routes are via Munich, which means you will use a completely different route within Austria. For these routes I suggest to get an amendment on your ticket from a DB Information before your departure.
Going into Austria on the original route of IC 119 via Lindau/Bregenz, there will be no problem with the ticket. However, have a look at the schedule as there are replacement buses near Ulm that you rather want to avoid. If you add "Memmingen" as an intermediate stop, you will find connections without buses. E.g. leaving Frankfurt at 10:50 and you will even catch the (shortened) IC 119 in Lindau. If possible, consider leaving Frankfurt earlier and be sure not to miss the connection in Ulm.