Frage beantwortet

How to add additional information on my DB ticket while booking?

I need to put the Tax ID of the organizers of a conference I plan to attend on my DB ticket in order to be re-imbursed. How can I do that while booking the ticket? Thanks!

Diese Antwort wurde als beste Antwort ausgewählt

The tax number can not be entered on the ticket. But if your name is on the ticket, that should be enough for the refund. If your first name and family name is on the ticket and you can identify yourself, the colleagues on the train will accept it. The NIF number you added to your last name should not render the ticket void. /ni

Fanden Sie diese Antwort hilfreich?

Nein (0)

Ja (1)

100%

100% der Personen fanden diese Antwort hilfreich

Weitere Antworten

Hi, thanks for your reply. I needed the tax ID to be displayed somewhere (anywhere) on the ticket since that is a pre-requisite to get reimbursed. Since there is no way to add extra comments, as you mentioned, I bought an ICE ticket such that my name reads: "Herr Pramit Ghosh (NIF: XXXXXX)". I hope that's okay with DB.

[Edit by community staff, 12.05.2018, 6:30 a.m.: personal data removed.]

Hi! The tax number has nothing to do with DB and it is the tax number of the Portugese university that is organizing the conference and they need it to be written somewhere on my ticket in order to reimburse me since I hold a travel grant from them and (I think) they need to verify that the ticket that they reimburse was actually bought to attend the conference and not for any other purpose. It is rather unfortunate, in my opinion, that they have such a rule but I really can't help it.

I bought a 1st class Sparpreis ICE ticket valid on Sunday, 09.12 from Frankfurt to Münster with a transfer at Essen (ICE526+ICE512) on the DB website. In the textbox for my last name (which seemed to be the only thing I could edit) I appended "(NIF: XXXXXX)" after my actual last name so that my name on the ticket reads "Herr Pramit Ghosh (NIF: XXXXXX)". I just wanted to confirm if this is OK with the DB staff on the train while checking.

Thanks!

The tax number can not be entered on the ticket. But if your name is on the ticket, that should be enough for the refund. If your first name and family name is on the ticket and you can identify yourself, the colleagues on the train will accept it. The NIF number you added to your last name should not render the ticket void. /ni

Thanks for your answer. Yes, my first and last name are there on the ticket and I will be carrying my identification documents with me. Thank you, again, for the prompt resolution of the issue.