Frage beantwortet

Information regarding Flexpreis and benefits of it

Hello, I would like to book ticket from heidelberg to Frankfurt and when i checked/searched it on DB Bahn , i can see three options saver and Flexpreis , in Flexpreis it is mentioned as it is valid for all trains during that day and also for city ( is it frankfurt where i can onboard any bus with this ticket? , i would really appreciate if you could help me with benefits of Flexpreis.

Hitesh
Hitesh

Hitesh

Ebene
1 / 100
Punkt
Die Antwort wurde von DB Bahn bestätigt
Elementarteilchen
Elementarteilchen

Elementarteilchen

Ebene
5000 / 5000
There are three kinds of tickets:

• Super Sparpreis, the cheapest one, no refund possible, you have to take the booked trains (ICE, IC), it’s not valid in other trains
  • Sparpreis, in the medium price range, refund is possible for a fee of 10 € up to one day before travel. But you also have to take the booked trains (ICE, IC), because it’s only valid in these.
  • Flexpreis, the most expensive Ticket, but it‘s not bound to the booked train. You can use any train that day, up to the train class that was booked (a ticket for the highest train class „ICE“ can be used in all trains, a ticket for „IC“ (the second highest class) can be used in all trains with the exception of ICE, tickets for only regional trains (RE, RB, S) can be used only in regional trains). Returning/refunding the ticket is free up to one day before the travel, afterwards it still can be refunded for a fee, if you could not travel.

Sparpreis and Flexpreis can get an additional „+City“ option for free (written on the ticket next to the station), if the distance for the travel lies above a certain limit and if you booked IC or ICE. If you find this additional option on your ticket, you can continue your travel at your destination with u-bahn, tram, bus etc. But please note, this is only a one way ticket, not an all day ticket for the city, and in most cities there are limits in how far you can continue with tram and bus. So you may need to check if your destination within the city is covered by the „City“ option, or if you might need an additional ticket.

Here‘s a map where you can see the region in which the City ticket is valid in Frankfurt:
https://www.rmv.de/c/fileadmin/documents/PDFs/_RMV_DE/Fah...

Fanden Sie diese Antwort hilfreich?

Nein (0)

Ja (0)

0% der Personen fanden diese Antwort hilfreich

Weitere Antworten

Elementarteilchen
Elementarteilchen

Elementarteilchen

Ebene
5000 / 5000
There are three kinds of tickets:

• Super Sparpreis, the cheapest one, no refund possible, you have to take the booked trains (ICE, IC), it’s not valid in other trains
  • Sparpreis, in the medium price range, refund is possible for a fee of 10 € up to one day before travel. But you also have to take the booked trains (ICE, IC), because it’s only valid in these.
  • Flexpreis, the most expensive Ticket, but it‘s not bound to the booked train. You can use any train that day, up to the train class that was booked (a ticket for the highest train class „ICE“ can be used in all trains, a ticket for „IC“ (the second highest class) can be used in all trains with the exception of ICE, tickets for only regional trains (RE, RB, S) can be used only in regional trains). Returning/refunding the ticket is free up to one day before the travel, afterwards it still can be refunded for a fee, if you could not travel.

Sparpreis and Flexpreis can get an additional „+City“ option for free (written on the ticket next to the station), if the distance for the travel lies above a certain limit and if you booked IC or ICE. If you find this additional option on your ticket, you can continue your travel at your destination with u-bahn, tram, bus etc. But please note, this is only a one way ticket, not an all day ticket for the city, and in most cities there are limits in how far you can continue with tram and bus. So you may need to check if your destination within the city is covered by the „City“ option, or if you might need an additional ticket.

Here‘s a map where you can see the region in which the City ticket is valid in Frankfurt:
https://www.rmv.de/c/fileadmin/documents/PDFs/_RMV_DE/Fah...