Frage beantwortet

Why online tickets are not available in some cases of purchase?

Hi, I bought a ticket from Germany to Budapest, where I travel with partner, and bought another ticket (in a separate transaction), when I travel back a few days later from Budapest here to Germany, but I travel back alone (that's why I could not buy retour tickets). In the first case I could choose the online ticket option, but in the second case it was not possible, I had to order it by post. It is very risky now, because I am not sure if it will arrive until I have to depart to Budapest :( is there a kundenservice contact, where I could ask to change this last one to online ticket too? Please don't recommend the hotline, it is always a thousand years until I got to an operator, and they speak only German :( Thank you in advance!

Anonym
Anonym

Anonym

Ebene
11 / 100
kabo
kabo

kabo

Ebene
5000 / 5000
Online tickes have a QR-Code for barcode readers.
If you start in Germany the barcode is checked by german rail staff.

Hungarian rail does not have barcode readers which can read german tickets. So journeys starting in Hungary are not possible with online tickets.
Online tickets are available, if the rail staff in the country where the journey starts can read german barcodes. So you can use online tickets from Germany to Hungaria but not from Hungaria to Germany.

Fanden Sie diese Antwort hilfreich?

Nein (0)

Ja (1)

100%

100% der Personen fanden diese Antwort hilfreich

Weitere Antworten

kabo
kabo

kabo

Ebene
5000 / 5000
Online tickes have a QR-Code for barcode readers.
If you start in Germany the barcode is checked by german rail staff.

Hungarian rail does not have barcode readers which can read german tickets. So journeys starting in Hungary are not possible with online tickets.
Online tickets are available, if the rail staff in the country where the journey starts can read german barcodes. So you can use online tickets from Germany to Hungaria but not from Hungaria to Germany.

Anonym
Anonym

Anonym

Ebene
11 / 100
Danke kabo and /da for the answers!