Diese Frage wartet auf Beantwortung

Cancel an online ticket when credit card is not valid

I am sorry, I don't know how to speak German. Please bear with my poor English too.
I asked my friend's friend (let's call him Mike) purchased 5 tickets from Amsterdam to Hamburg and Hamburg to Aarhus, Sweden. Mike gave me two online-ticket with 3 adults on the first one and two on the second one. Unfortunately, two of us are not going to Germany. Mike told me the ticket is not refundable, but I don't believe him. It turns out the ticket can be canceled and refunded for a 19eur fee. However, when I tried to cancel online, "We regret that your ticket cannot be cancelled online as the credit card used for the booking is no longer valid. Please contact our service centre and inform us of your new credit card details".
I tried to call English service number 0044 (0) 8718 80 80 66 and 001 (0) 646 88 33 246, but neither anyone answer the call nor call me back when I left a message. I also tried German service, the German speaking agent transfer me to another line and I waited 40 minutes on the line and still no one pick up my call. Please help me. How do I contact the custom service that can cancel and refund my ticket? or can I cancel at Amsterdam Train Station (I will be at Amsterdam on July 2 and the train on the ticket departure on July 5)?
Thanks in advance.

Anonym
Anonym

Anonym

Ebene
12 / 100
Antworten

Hello Jiarong,

we can't look into the data and therefore can not help you. Please contact the colleagues from the online service: 0049 (0) 180 6 10 11 11 (20 cents per call from a German landline, max. 60 cents per call from a German mobile network; costs for calls from abroad depend on provider) daily from 00:00 to 24:00. /ni

Anonym
Anonym

Anonym

Ebene
12 / 100
Thank you for your reply.
I just call the number you provided me 0049 (0) 180 6 10 11 11, a German speaking agent pick up my call and then transfer me to another line which seems like the English service. I hold the line for 15 minutes, still no one answer the phone. I guess your English service is no longer working right? Is there any other way I can contact DB, like e-mail would be perfect.