Diese Frage wartet auf Beantwortung

Delay and lost connection between Italy and Germany

Hi all,
First of all, apologies for writing in English, my German is not good at all.

I plan to travel from Verona to Dusseldorf buying the ticket from Verona to Munich (EC train - bought via trenitalia) and then from Munich to Dusseldorf (ICE train - bought on bahn.de) with 20mins change, sparpreis offer.

I'm wondering in case the first train will have a delay, if I can jump on any train if I miss my connection.
I know this would seem obvious but I had the worst experiences with DB in cases where my train was canceled and the personnel in the alternative train rudely complained about my being on-board, so I prefer to make sure.

I plan to buy the first part of the trip via trenitalia, because it's 20€ cheaper even though I have a Bahn Card 25, but I wonder in this case if I still have the right to jump on another train between Munich and Dusseldorf in case the first train has above 20 minutes of delay.

Since in my experience, I miss connections due to delays around 80% of the times I travel, I'm a bit scared this may happen this time as well.

Thank you all in advance for your replies,
K.

Kabuki
Kabuki

Kabuki

Ebene
11 / 100
Antworten

Benutzerin
Benutzerin

Benutzerin

Ebene
5000 / 5000
You need ONE ticket from Verona to Dusseldorf to have the opportunity to jump on another train between Munich and Dusseldorf in case of delay.

kabo
kabo

kabo

Ebene
5000 / 5000
It is strongly NOT recommended to split up the journey in two tickets.

"but I wonder in this case if I still have the right to jump on another train between Munich and Dusseldorf in case the first train has above 20 minutes of delay."
-> No. You would have this right, if you had ONE ticket from Verona to Düsseldorf.

Kabuki
Kabuki

Kabuki

Ebene
11 / 100
thank you both for your reply! :)