Frage beantwortet

Validity of saver fare ticket after timetable changes

Quite a while ago I booked a two-way ticket from Eindhoven (NL) to Berlin Hbf (date of departure: December 29, 2017). Back then it was already known that I would not be able to use the direct Amsterdam - Berlin connection, so I booked one that would cross the border at Venlo (NL).

Last week I received an email concerning a timetable change and it appears that my original connection from Venlo to Mönchengladbach is no longer available. Because I was away, I have not been able to thoroughly look into this until now (less than a day before departure), so I am not sure what to do...

If I look at the possibilities, there is one connection that results in a very comparable travel time, but I am not exactly sure what I am allowed to do with a saver fare ticket in this situation.

The original journey would be:
(11:19) Eindhoven to Venlo, then Venlo to Mönchengladbach Hbf, then Mönchengladbach Hbf to Berlin Hbf (18:03)

The best alternative seems to be:
(11:19) Eindhoven to Venlo, then Venlo to Viersen, then Viersen to Duisburg Hbf, then Duisburg Hbf to Berlin Hbf (tier) (18:11)

Am I allowed to do this given that the original travel can no longer be made?

nbraaksma
nbraaksma

nbraaksma

Ebene
1 / 100
Punkt
Die Antwort wurde von DB Bahn bestätigt
RuckZug
RuckZug

RuckZug

Ebene
1873 / 2000
Hello,
Yes, you are allowed to do so.
"... If the train is expected to arrive at the destination with a delay of at least 20 minutes, you can:
continue the journey at the next opportunity or at a later time on the same or a different route ..."

More Information passengers' rights you find here: https://www.bahn.com/en/view/booking-information/passenge...

Have a good trip

Fanden Sie diese Antwort hilfreich?

Nein (1)

Ja (0)

0%

0% der Personen fanden diese Antwort hilfreich

Weitere Antworten

RuckZug
RuckZug

RuckZug

Ebene
1873 / 2000
Hello,
Yes, you are allowed to do so.
"... If the train is expected to arrive at the destination with a delay of at least 20 minutes, you can:
continue the journey at the next opportunity or at a later time on the same or a different route ..."

More Information passengers' rights you find here: https://www.bahn.com/en/view/booking-information/passenge...

Have a good trip