Frage beantwortet

Refund for seat not utilised?

The train I was supposed to take was cancelled due to an "accident" on the tracks, so I had to switch trains in Cologne. In this instance I did not use the two seats, which I paid for. I took the 10:12 ICE 623 from Dusseldorf on August 29, 2017.

torryc
torryc

torryc

Ebene
1 / 100
Punkt
Die Antwort wurde von DB Bahn bestätigt
IntercityWue111
IntercityWue111

IntercityWue111

Ebene
2276 / 5000
Hello Torryc,
of course you can get the reservation fee (usually €4,50) refunded. The best and easiest way to do this is to go to a "Reisezentrum" (Travel Centre) at a main train station with all your travel documents.
Alternatively, you can send the Passenger Rights Claim Form (http://www.fahrgastrechte.info/fileadmin/pdfs_bef/FGF/FGF...) including a copy of your ticket to

Servicecenter Fahrgastrechte
60647 Frankfurt/Main.

In this case, I would recommend adding a short note to the ticket copy so that the staff at the Service Centre in Frankfurt will be aware of your wish to get your reservation refunded.

Additionally, you may be entitled to a compensation for delayed arrival at your final destination. By using the Claim Form linked above this will be automatically included in your refund.

Fanden Sie diese Antwort hilfreich?

Nein (0)

Ja (0)

0% der Personen fanden diese Antwort hilfreich

Weitere Antworten

IntercityWue111
IntercityWue111

IntercityWue111

Ebene
2276 / 5000
Hello Torryc,
of course you can get the reservation fee (usually €4,50) refunded. The best and easiest way to do this is to go to a "Reisezentrum" (Travel Centre) at a main train station with all your travel documents.
Alternatively, you can send the Passenger Rights Claim Form (http://www.fahrgastrechte.info/fileadmin/pdfs_bef/FGF/FGF...) including a copy of your ticket to

Servicecenter Fahrgastrechte
60647 Frankfurt/Main.

In this case, I would recommend adding a short note to the ticket copy so that the staff at the Service Centre in Frankfurt will be aware of your wish to get your reservation refunded.

Additionally, you may be entitled to a compensation for delayed arrival at your final destination. By using the Claim Form linked above this will be automatically included in your refund.