Frage beantwortet

DB International Flexpreis ticket (by post) (EN)

Hello, I hope I can get some help here in English.

I recently bought a Flexpreis ticket for myself to travel from NL to PL.
There was no other option available for online tickets, other than to receive that ticket by post. (Which I find weird, since last time I received a ticket as a PDF, and could freely print it for myself)

The thing is that I have to travel on this Thursday (13-07-17), but I'm still waiting for my tickets to arrive to me. (I know it may take up to 8 days)
My question is: what to do if I don't get my tickets before the trip? Can I print it via the machine at the station? Or maybe there's some other way around?

And one more question, on the DB website it says that for Flexpreis tickets for international journeys are valid for "up to 4 days" (https://www.bahn.com/en/view/offers/germany/flexible-fare...). Does this mean that I can, for instance, start my trip on Sunday 16-07-17, instead of 13-07-17, with the same ticket?

Thanks.

Diese Antwort wurde als beste Antwort ausgewählt

Hello ohmu, because not every European railway company can check our online-tickets you can only book it by post. Those tickets are not personalised and can be checked by other railway companies.
It is not possible to print the ticket at the ticket machine or at the station. Because the tickets you get by post are not personalised, it's not possible to issue the ticket again (everybody can use it). If you won't get the ticket in time it is necessary to buy another one for travelling. You can get a refund later. Please then let the colleagues of the online service know that you didn't get the ticket. The email-address is fahrkartenservice@bahn.de. You can also call them to ask for your order. The phone number is (0049) 180 6 10 11 11
(20 cents per call from a German landline, max. 60 cents per call from a German mobile network; costs for calls from abroad depending on provider).
International Flexpreis tickets are valid for 4 days. You can start your and finish your journey within these days. So you can start at 16-07-17 if you want. Best regards /ki

Fanden Sie diese Antwort hilfreich?

Nein (0)

Ja (1)

100%

100% der Personen fanden diese Antwort hilfreich

Weitere Antworten

Hello ohmu, because not every European railway company can check our online-tickets you can only book it by post. Those tickets are not personalised and can be checked by other railway companies.
It is not possible to print the ticket at the ticket machine or at the station. Because the tickets you get by post are not personalised, it's not possible to issue the ticket again (everybody can use it). If you won't get the ticket in time it is necessary to buy another one for travelling. You can get a refund later. Please then let the colleagues of the online service know that you didn't get the ticket. The email-address is fahrkartenservice@bahn.de. You can also call them to ask for your order. The phone number is (0049) 180 6 10 11 11
(20 cents per call from a German landline, max. 60 cents per call from a German mobile network; costs for calls from abroad depending on provider).
International Flexpreis tickets are valid for 4 days. You can start your and finish your journey within these days. So you can start at 16-07-17 if you want. Best regards /ki

Thanks for your reply.
I have one more question then. If I'll get my tickets with a delay, and will travel couple of days past the date stated on that ticket, will my seat reservation remain the same then? (I mean 1 part of my trip has a mandatory seat reservation, and for the other part I did it willingly) And if not, what to do then?