Diese Frage wartet auf Beantwortung

Are seats limited on trains for passengers with Eurail passes?

I will be traveling from Amsterdam to Cologne, Koblenz, Bacharach, and Mannheim in September 2017 with my husband. I am trying to decide between using a Eurail pass or just buying tickets at the train station.
1. Are seats limited for passengers with Eurail passes?
2. Do I need to make reservations for the trains? If so what is the usual cost?
3. If I don't make reservations is it likely that I will not be able to purchase a ticket on the day of travel?
4. Any other guidance you can provide would be helpful.
Thank you for you assistance

Antworten

kabo
kabo

kabo

Ebene
5000 / 5000
1. No.
2. Reservations are not mandatory. On fridays and sundays reservations are recommended. Price is 4,50€/seat in 2nd class and 5,90€/seat in 1st class.
3. No, you can always book a ticket without reservation - but it is your risk, that you have to stand during the journey.
4. If you buy 1st-class-tickets you can make reservations free of charge. The price of 5,90€/seat only applies, if you make reservations without buying a ticket at the same time.
Reservations are only possible in long-distance-trains, but not in local trains. Bacharach can only be reached by local trains. Long-distance-trains do not stop at Bacharach.

Good morning again VGS, passengers with the Eurail Pass have the same opportunity to purchase reservations. The amount of reservations for Eurail-pass holders is not limited.
2. You do not have to make reservations, but a reservation is always recommended.
3. You can also buy a ticket on the day of the trip, but it can happen that you do not have a seat if you do not book a reservation.
4. You have the important informanion now. If you have other question, so you can ask us. /no

Leo
Leo

Leo

Ebene
5000 / 5000