Diese Frage wartet auf Beantwortung

Timetable change notification. Should I take any action?

I've booked two tickets from Amsterdam to Berlín for the next 31th. Train was supposed to leave at 9.00 and arrive at 15.28.

Just a few days ago I received an email notification mentioning timetable changes. I checked the current schedules for this day and time and it seems there is not a direct train between Amsterdam and Berlin, there is one with a 13 minutes change in Hannover.

However, my e-ticket still shows the old info. So, do I need to take any action? Or I still can board these two trains with my original e-ticket?

Thanks to anyone who can help with this, i'm a bit confused.

Antworten

MichaZ
MichaZ

MichaZ

Ebene
1117 / 2000
due to change of the timetable you are allowed to use any connection between Amsterdam and Berlin (if you are expecting more than 20 Minutes delay, which I assume is given).

First of all, thanks a lot for taking the time to answer. I'm not sure to get why you said a 20 min delay is given. Anyway, are you saying i can take the train from Amsterdam to Hannover and then any available train from Hannover to Berlin? All this with my original ticket?
What happens with seat reservations? I had seats on the original train.

Thanks again!

MichaZ
MichaZ

MichaZ

Ebene
1117 / 2000
the conditions of the "Fahrgastrechte" state that if you expect a delay of at least 20 minutes, you can go by any other train. The "Zugbindung"( regulation that you have to use the particular train on your ticket and not any other train) is cancelled, that means you can use any other train, even faster trains (e.g. ICE instead of IC). Assuming that the train is cancelled, this condition is met. (You would never arrive. Never is far more than 20 Minutes ;-) )

For your reservation, either you can do it online on the day of travel or you have to visit a ReiseZentrum. I am not sure if it is possible to change the reservation in the Netherlands.

short: Yes, you can use any train

For your reservation, either you can do it online on the day of travel or you have to visit a ReiseZentrum. I am not sure if it is possible to change the reservation in the Netherlands.

Ok, i see your point. First of all, one thing I've just realized is that the original train was not in fact cancelled, but stops earlier (in Hannover instead of Berlin), so I'm assuming that part of the journey is still valid with my current ticket and reservation?

Then I would need to take a new train from Hannover to Berlin, right? How can I make that change online without buying a new ticket? Should I wait to ask in Hannover offices? Maybe there ir an office in Amsterdam Centraal station?

Thanks you again for your time

Hello virginia9288,
if your booked train connection does no longer exist, you can simply use a different train connection. The indication from MichaZ concerning the delay is irrelevant. Just look at bahn.de and look for a different connection. Your ticket will remain valid. You don't need to do anything else.
However, the reservation is no longer valid if you use other trains. In a DB sales outlet (DB Reisezentrum) you can change your reservation free of charge or refund. Alternatively, this can also be done online, with a ticket to the Flexpreis (flexible fare) at any time up to the 1st validity day of your ticket, with a ticket to the Sparpreis (saver fare) only on the validity date of the ticket. If you have further questions, just ask. Greetings /jn

It's not my train connection that does not exist. There were no connections in my original ticket. But now checking the trip planner it seems there is no direct train Amsterdam-Berlin, so the suggested journey is Amsterdam - Hannover - Berlin.

So, are you saying with my current ticket I could just board this two trains without issues? Will the reservation of seats remain valid al least for the first leg of the journey? (Since that train number matches the one in the ticket).
For the second part, if I understood correctly I would need to reserve new seats, but will be able to do this only the same day of the trip (my tickets are saver fare)? Would it imply any cost? Can I travel without seat reservation or is it not recommended?

Thanks again.
Also, do you have any office in Amsterdam where I could make reservations change before the trip day?

virginia9288 - You can use the trains via Hannover with your current ticket without issues.
If it is the same number of the train, the reservation of seats will remain valid at least for the first leg of the journey.
You don't have to reserve new seats. Either you can travel without reservation or you can exchange your current reservation so that you can get a complete reservation for the two "new" trains. This doesn't cost anything extra.
In Amsterdam there is a travel center according to my information. But please go to the Railteam Info Point at the station. Greetings /jn