Diese Frage wartet auf Beantwortung

Timetable Change - what to do? Is my ticket still valid?

Hi,

I hope somebody here can help... I booked tickets from Cologne to Vienna on the 16th of May. The original schedule was:

<1080>(16.05.2017)K-Hbf 8:55 ICE103/F-Flugh 10:02 ICE1521/WÜ-Hbf 11:30 ICE91*Passau Hbf<1181>Neumarkt-Kallham*Wels Hbf

However, I got an E-Mail stating that there has been a timetable change. Now, the 11.30 ICE91 departs at 11:10 - which is before my connecting train arrives.

So, I guess I need to take another train. However, my ticket still has the original connections printed on it (I even checked to see if it had updated on the online PDF - it hasn't...). Which trains can I travel on?!

Many thanks

Antworten

Leo
Leo

Leo

Ebene
5000 / 5000
You can take any train free of charge and claim 25% compensation if you arrive in Vienna at least one hour late with the next possible connection.

Any train at all that takes me between Cologne and Vienna? Or must it be one of the ones on the original ticket? i.e. can I only travel on the ICE103, ICE1521 and ICE91? Or could I take an entirely different route from Cologne, that doesn't get me in so late?

Hello mcwales,

you have different options.

1. You can use earlier trains from cologne to reach the ICE 91.
  2. You can start with ICE 103 and use later trains from Würzburg to Vienna. You can claim 25 percent compensation as Leo told you.
  3. Is there any option to reduce your late arrival even if you take other routes you can choose it.

Go to a DB Reisezentrum or DB Information in the station. The colleagues will validate your ticket. If you booked reservations the colleagues in the DB Reisezentrum will change them for other trains with no costs. /ti

Leo
Leo

Leo

Ebene
5000 / 5000
If only the booked trains were allowed there would be no way to Vienna after the timetable change. Any train anytime on the same day on any route that is faster.

So you can leave Cologne (no matter if Hbf or Deutz, start from COLOGNE) earlier and change just once.
The DB navigator also states a slower connection with a change in Munich. You might therefore get away with it, but I would rather stay on the direct fastest route via Regensburg.
If you start earlier, you will not get any compensation, however.