Diese Frage wartet auf Beantwortung

I can no longer book IC-Bus tickets from Eindhoven to Gent (Dampoort) (Duesseldorf --> London trajectory). Why? Thanks!

In the past, I could book IC-Bus tickets from Eindhoven(NL) to Gent (Dampoort)(BE) on the Duesseldorf --> London trajectory. Recently, the IC-Bus websites shows available tickets, but doesn't allow a booking. Why is this? Thanks!

AdityaMehendale
AdityaMehendale

AdityaMehendale

Ebene
124 / 750
Antworten

DB
DB

DB

Ebene
5000 / 5000

Hello AdityaMehendale, what day would you like to go to? /an

AdityaMehendale
AdityaMehendale

AdityaMehendale

Ebene
124 / 750
I'd like to book for someone else on Wednesday (tomorrow) for the bus leaving at 18:35 from Eindhoven. In the past I could select and purchase this ticket (from:Eindhoven to:GentDampoort). Now, I can "see" the ticket, eur.9 price, but when I click on the "book now" button, the site says that this is alas not possible. I *can* book a ticket on the same bus between Eindhoven and Antwerpen. Related question: can I book a return-ticket (Gent to Eindhoven)? I have never succeeded in doing this in the past.

DB
DB

DB

Ebene
5000 / 5000

When is the return journey? /an

AdityaMehendale
AdityaMehendale

AdityaMehendale

Ebene
124 / 750
Hi, No date planned yet for the return journey (often needed). It's just a general comment that booking the IC-bus from Gent Dampoort to Eindhoven not being possible.
My immediate concern is to book the forward ticket for the friend (tomorrow evening 18:35) and that I fail to book this. As a check: are you able to make a (dummy) booking on this trajectory? (IC bus, 18:35, Eindhoven NL to Gent BE)?
Thanks!

DB
DB

DB

Ebene
5000 / 5000

The connection Eindhoven Stationsweg - Gent-Dampoort (bus) can be booked via http://www.bahn.de. There are no seats available for tomorrow, so booking is not possible. Sorry. /an

AdityaMehendale
AdityaMehendale

AdityaMehendale

Ebene
124 / 750
Hi, I have booked the IC bus often, and this seems like an issue with the booking site - I first see that a ticket is available - and (at a later page) denied. I can't even book tickets from Eindhoven to Gent-Dampoort in a week or two weeks or more (try for instance 10 january or 18 january). I am not looking for a "point solution" for tomorrow, but a general solution for the problem. To be specific: I get success on the "search" page, the "choices" page and the "tickets and options" page, but am refused when I click "further" on the "tickets and options" page.
Thanks in advance!

AdityaMehendale
AdityaMehendale

AdityaMehendale

Ebene
124 / 750
Is there any way for me to post screenshots here to explain? thanks!

DB
DB

DB

Ebene
5000 / 5000

The system checks later whether a seat is still available. If this is not the case, no trip ticket can be booked. /an

AdityaMehendale
AdityaMehendale

AdityaMehendale

Ebene
124 / 750
Hi, sorry, I beg to differ. Two reasons:
(1) If (for instance) I try to book a ticket for today, I see a single tariff (Eur 22,50). For tomorrow I see two tariffs (Eur 22,50 "Flexpreis" and Eur 9,00 "Sparpreis"). I know from the past that for "special" days, when the bus is full, I see on the "select" page already that no tickets ara available.
(2) I cannot book a ticket from Eindhoven to Gent-Dampoort even on a random date in February or March. Do you mean to suggest that the bus is booked fully so far out in advance? I'd like to point out that I *can* book a ticket from Eindhoven to LONDON on that same date (i.e. the bus is not full).
Sorry if I sound edgy, but I am patiently trying to explain my problem, spending a lot of time and energy (writing stuff here and trying options on the BAHN.de website), but continue to get short unsatisfactory answers.

DB
DB

DB

Ebene
5000 / 5000

In the last booking step is checked if there are still seats available. That's the reason, you will first see the price and then the error because there are no free seats for this bus. The Sparpreis (saver fare) is contingent. If it is sold out, there is only the flex price. /ni

AdityaMehendale
AdityaMehendale

AdityaMehendale

Ebene
124 / 750
Thanks for the answer, however, how do you explain point (2) in my previous question?
(2a) --> I cannot book February or March either (is the bus full so far into the future?)
(2b) --> I *can* book between Eindhoven and London (i.e. seats *are* available, i.e. the bus is *not* full)
Regards,
Aditya

DB
DB

DB

Ebene
5000 / 5000

There is no timetable between Düsseldorf and London for the IC Bus, because of missing official approvals. When the authorizations are granted is not known yet. /ni

AdityaMehendale
AdityaMehendale

AdityaMehendale

Ebene
124 / 750
Sorry, how can that be? I have booked on this trajectory (Eindhoven to Gent-Dampoort) two times in the recent past - on 27-11-2016 and later *again* on 04-12-2016. I've had this no-clickthrough issue since mid-December 2016 - back then I thought it was just a full bus due to X'mas rush so didn't take notice of it until today. Furthermore, the "search" page does show the results and fares, just won't allow a clickthrough.

AdityaMehendale
AdityaMehendale

AdityaMehendale

Ebene
124 / 750
To be clear: I *do not * want to go to London. I want to:
1) book a ticket for a friend
2) FROM Eindhoven
3) TO Gent-Dampoort
4) with or without discount
5) on ANY day in the coming months
6) on the IC-bus that leaves Eindhoven (towards London, via Antwerpen etc.)
I am unable to click through to make the booking (as I have explained several times already)
I pray to you to please *try to recreate the problem at your end* before hastily writing a reply.
Thanks in advance.

DB
DB

DB

Ebene
5000 / 5000

Hello AdityaMehendale,

we have once again contacted the special field. There is really a problem in the booking mask. The colleagues are working on the correction. Unfortunately, they can not tell when they have identified the error exactly, and when it will be fixed. /ti

AdityaMehendale
AdityaMehendale

AdityaMehendale

Ebene
124 / 750
THANK YOU! :)
I don't need an immediate solution as long as a solution gets eventually found.
(thumbs up)

AdityaMehendale
AdityaMehendale

AdityaMehendale

Ebene
124 / 750
Hello, an update: this issue is still persistent (i.e. the error has not been resolved yet). FYI. Regards!

AdityaMehendale
AdityaMehendale

AdityaMehendale

Ebene
124 / 750
Is it okay if, as a temporary measure, I book a ticket from Eindhoven to Antwerpen (same price) and then actually disembark from the bus at Gent, while the problem in your system is being fixed? Thanks!

AdityaMehendale
AdityaMehendale

AdityaMehendale

Ebene
124 / 750
The problem seems to be resolved. I was able to make a booking today. Thanks!