Frage beantwortet

Stolen ID card?

The credit card I used for ID when purchasing a CNL tickets from Cologne to Prague has been stolen, so I will not have it with me when I travel. The London Metropolitan Police will not issue a crime report for lost credit cards, so I will not be able to get a letter from law enforcement.

I have been advised to cancel the ticket at a charge of 17,50EUR and then rebook.However, when I go to cancel the ticket on MyBahn it also states:

Please note that you will lose any seat reservations you have made and that they are non-refundable.

My ticket has a reservation in a double sleeper carriage at a charge of 120,00EUR, which seems like a lot of money to lose considering this is not my fault.

Can I claim this 120,00EUR back after purchasing the new ticket?

Die Antwort wurde von DB Bahn bestätigt

It's questionable that it is not your fault - because you could have better protect your things from being stolen so easily.
Without the ID card, your ticket is not valid. You have to cancel the ticket and re-book it with a card you have.

Fanden Sie diese Antwort hilfreich?

Nein (2)

Ja (1)

33%

33% der Personen fanden diese Antwort hilfreich

Weitere Antworten

It's questionable that it is not your fault - because you could have better protect your things from being stolen so easily.
Without the ID card, your ticket is not valid. You have to cancel the ticket and re-book it with a card you have.

Hi EmmaR, it's annoying that the credit card is no longer available or has been stolen. The response from Bremer is correct and you can cancel the ticket only and buy a new one. After your trip to Prague, you can write our customer service (German form) and describe your attention to the predicament. Possibly there is a positive feedback there. /ch

I am already aware that I need to cancel and re-book the ticket. So Bremer you have not actually answered my question.

What I asked is would I lose the 120,00EUR seat reservation for the sleeper carriage? Or if it is possible for this to be refunded after I repurchase a ticket for the same journey.

Good morning EmmaR, for reservations at sleeping, lying or sitting car a rebooking fee of 25 % is calculated ( at least 17.50 EUR / per seat) with a transfer to 10 days before departure . When a transfer of 9 days until the day of departure 50 % of the reservation fee be as rebooking fee withheld ( at least 17.50 EUR / per seat) . After the train leaves a rebooking or refund of the reservation is excluded. /no

I'm sorry I am now very confused. The website says the seat reservations are non-refundable, I cannot find any information in English (I'm sorry I don't understand German) about the 25% re-booking fee that you mention. Does this mean that I will only lose 25% of the reservation? Could you please provide a link to this fact on your website?

Thank you.
My tickets are "Sparpreis Europa" Online (PDF) tickets. If I cancel these tickets and re-book using MyBahn then I will be refunded the price of the original purchase (118EUR ticket + 120EUR sleeping coach reservation) minus 17,50EUR cancellation fee and 25% rebooking fee of the sleeping coach? Is this correct?
Will I be refunded automatically or do I have to fill in a form?

Yes and no - you will refunded 118 Euro - 17,50 Euro + 120 Euro - 25% rebooking fee (10 days before the day of departure). You can make this about the booking review on bahn.de. /ma