Frage beantwortet

not received my ticket

Dear DB banned team,

This needs serious and urgent attention as myself Shah Devaja from India booked a summer ticket on 9th of August and received confirmation saying the ticket has been shipped to India the very same day.. I haven't received the ticket yet and I am travelling to Germany on 30th August. Only four days left including a week end. What should I do if I don't receive the ticket before I leave from here.. I tried calling online srevices more than ten times and they just can't transfer the line to English speaking person and put me on hold for more than half an hour everytime...not a single time I have been able to speak to the executive...I have spent more than 20$ for just calling and all in vein..
How do I know status of my ticket??????

Can I print the confirmation page and carry the credit card with which I booked it??? Will they allow me to travel each time as summer ticket includes four flexible tickets... that's what someone in similar situation did and they allowed the person to travel...I hope they will cooperate in my case as there is no fault of mine in this situation..I am 21 year old female travelling to Germany for the first time all alone so I am highly anxious and worried..

Also let me know if I don't receive the ticket in time and if I have to cancel it do I get refund for the same as this is special offer ticket..

Awaiting your response asap...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP...

Thanking you,
Devaja Shah
Contact *******

[Edited by DB Bahn, August 25. 2016, 6.20 pm: Blinded phone number]

Devaja
Devaja

Devaja

Ebene
18 / 100
Diese Antwort wurde als beste Antwort ausgewählt
BizTra
BizTra

BizTra

Ebene
538 / 750
Dear Devaja, unfortunately, you will not get a refund because this is not allowed for your ticket. Your only chance might be to prove that you have not received the ticket, even though this could be difficult :-( ... If you have received a confirmation saying that your ticket has been shipped, then it has indeed been shipped so I suspect that it got lost somewhere on the way to India. Furthermore, I do not know whether Deutsche Bahn assumes any responsibility in cases like yours (since it would not be their fault). Since August, 16th, the "Sommer-Ticket" is not sold anymore, which means that you will have to buy new tickets if your ticket does not arrive in time. You can buy those (normal) tickets online as "Online-Tickets" (http://www.bahn.de) which you can print out, this would be the safest option. However, those tickets would probably be more expensive than the "Summer-Ticket", even if your original ticket was refunded. Regarding your question whether it is possible to travel with the confirmation page and your credit card only, I have to say that I am sure this is not allowed (at least not officially). Nevertheless, you will perhaps find a solution without having to buy new tickets, however, that is something you have to talk about with a DB employee.

Fanden Sie diese Antwort hilfreich?

Nein (0)

Ja (1)

100%

100% der Personen fanden diese Antwort hilfreich

Weitere Antworten

BizTra
BizTra

BizTra

Ebene
538 / 750
Dear Devaja, unfortunately, you will not get a refund because this is not allowed for your ticket. Your only chance might be to prove that you have not received the ticket, even though this could be difficult :-( ... If you have received a confirmation saying that your ticket has been shipped, then it has indeed been shipped so I suspect that it got lost somewhere on the way to India. Furthermore, I do not know whether Deutsche Bahn assumes any responsibility in cases like yours (since it would not be their fault). Since August, 16th, the "Sommer-Ticket" is not sold anymore, which means that you will have to buy new tickets if your ticket does not arrive in time. You can buy those (normal) tickets online as "Online-Tickets" (http://www.bahn.de) which you can print out, this would be the safest option. However, those tickets would probably be more expensive than the "Summer-Ticket", even if your original ticket was refunded. Regarding your question whether it is possible to travel with the confirmation page and your credit card only, I have to say that I am sure this is not allowed (at least not officially). Nevertheless, you will perhaps find a solution without having to buy new tickets, however, that is something you have to talk about with a DB employee.

Hello Devaja,

I asked my colleagues from the online service. Your ticket was shipped on August 9th as you said. I can't say how long the shipping to India takes. If your ticket don't reach you in time your only possibility is to book new tickets in Germany. Should your ticket reach you while you in Germany you can try to get a refund from the online service. I really hope your ticket didn't get loss. Sorry that I don't have any better information for you. /ti

Devaja
Devaja

Devaja

Ebene
18 / 100
Thank you everyone for your help and suggestions. I just received my ticket in the post yesterday! Thank you for your timely service! :D